Monday, April 18, 2011

Twitter: Following or Stalking?

Twitter is a phenomenon that has taken over the entire world.  It’s similar to Facebook “statuses”.  People post what they’re doing, what’s on they’re mind, etc.  But is twitter really a way to express your thoughts and what your doing, or just a way to stalk people and keep tabs on them constantly?  Because of its popularity, Twitter is now used by celebrities, businesses, brands and everything in between to advertise their products or new shows or movies.  Twitter is a way to follow your favorite celebrity, and know their every move.  When you think about it, it’s kind of creepy to be keeping tabs on people, let alone people you’ve never even met.  But something about this process is what makes Twitter so addicting, being able to see in to the glamorous lives of those we envy, while still keeping up with our friends from home. 

Do you have a Twitter?  If not what do you think of Twitter, and why don’t you have one?  Tell us what you think!!

7 comments:

  1. Although most of my friends have a Twitter, I personally do not. I understand the addiction behind it and what makes it so interesting but I personally dont have the time to play with several media sites. Im on Facebook and that already occupies enough of my time. Sometimes I get jealous when my friends "tweet" back and forth at eachother but I know that if I were Twitter I would become addicted and my schoolwork would suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use twitter all the time! Its an addicting. Once you get a twitter, Facebook becomes irrelevant..almost like a Myspace. However I think Facebook is more distracting then twitter. Twitter is just short bursts of ideas, but Facebook has pictures, videos, status's etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Twitter. It's a fun way to socialize with friends and keep up with celebrities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have twitter. It's really cool but only witty people with legit tweets should have one. #sorrynotsorry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would consider myself a Twitter addict but not for the obvious reasons. I enjoy twitter because it gives me the opportunity to keep in touch with what is going on in my hometown. I follow my hometowns newspaper so I get daily updates on what is happening. I also get recent weather updates and other emergency information on Twitter. I enjoy being able to pick and choose who I follow and who can follow me. It makes it a more selective and safer site.

    I love Twitter and I think that it can be a very safe and useful resource if you use it right. Twitter is a new phenomenon that will definitely stay around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From what I observe, most people either love or hate Twitter. Personally, I love Twitter. But it's not the same love as Facebook. I love Twitter because it's a fast, easy way to keep up with your friends, the news, and celebrities (if you want to ). Twitter is much more convenient for me than Facebook because you can follow whoever you want apart from who follows you unlike a Facebook friend request where the "friendship" is mutual. I do not stop my day to get on Twitter, but I do check it when I'm either waiting on a teacher to come to class, riding on the Catbus, or some other time when I'm standing around looking awkward.
    It also saves me time because before I had a Twitter account, I would watch the news every night and now that I follow the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Fox News, I pick and choose what articles I want to read instead of sitting through an entire news program.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TWITTER IS GREAT!!! A lot of peoplet think that twitter is only for celebrities, but I find twitter fun, entertaining, and a necessity in my daily life!

    ReplyDelete